Sunday, May 26, 2013

Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve



I couldn't be content with just leaving Worm Ouroboros the only thing on my blog. Oh sure, they're pretty cool and stuff, but what if this blog contained something that people might actually want to download? Ah ha! I have just the thing you want.

Streetlight Manifesto's newest album, The Hands That Thieve, is everything I've been waiting for since basically forever. There is rarely an album I've waited for that actually lives up to the hype but ever since 99 Songs of the Revolution came out I've been wanting more. I've been listening to these guys since 2008 and well, they've been a favorite ever since. Third wave ska is a genre filled to the brim with garbage but these guys always manage to impress.

I don't even know where to begin. The wondrous horns, the glorious vocals and songwriting of Tomas Kalnoky, the ksjntinstnsijtnsjtnsjn oh god this band. This mother fucking band is so good I would rather cuddle with an unattractive woman over going without hearing them ever again. I love this album more than Melisandre loves R'hllor, more than a medivac loves a marine, more than you love cute fuzzy animals. I could go on forever about this.

It's punk, it's third wave ska, what is not to love? Well, normally that would be a lot of things but I can assure you this band offers nothing but quality. No matter how many times I listen to this shit I cannot get enough. Despite falling into typical "Some Guy says this is good" mode I'm not sure how else to describe how much I love this album. Oh, I got it. I'll tell you what it sounds like in case you aren't familiar with Streetlight Manifesto. (work on that by the way)

It sounds like being touched by the hand of some omnipotent being. Like experiencing love for the first time, oh there I go with the similes again. It sounds like a bunch of horns over punk. What do you want from me? Just look at the Youtube sample, realize I'm right and download the fuck out of this shit.

NOW.


As an added bonus, here's the acoustic version of this album. That's how much I love people who have to read what I say.
Toh Kay - The Hands That Thieve:

No comments:

Post a Comment