Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Miasma and the Carousel of Headless Horses - Perils



It's time for me to post more stuff on this blog thing. Blogspot gives me questionable results on whether or not people actually are looking at this (seems like whenever I post something it gets a billion views but then nothing, who knows what the shit is going on there) but I'm sure there is at least one person reading this. So hi random person from the internet, today I have a treat for you.

Miasma and the Carousel of Headless Horses is a band I've listened to ever since a guy from the old WoW off topic forums told me to. I've loved them ever since. As soon as I realized they were lost to my "great external hard drive falling off the table on D&D night" incident I sought after this album again. I was drunk when I realized I didn't have it anymore so instead of just looking for it on something I just bought it. If only I had a what.cd account then, ha!

This is a band with an extremely unique sound. An instrumental band with all kinds of interesting instruments, what isn't to love? It's dark, it's different, it sounds like nothing else! Do you ever hear a mother fucking GLOCKENSPIEL actually being used in anything? This band pulls it off nicely in a delightful package somewhere between prog and avant garde. They're other band, Guapo, didn't really do it for me but this album is easily one of my favorites ever. Even after like five years this shit still gets listened to regularly. However they aren't quite as popular as I'd like them to be and that is where this comes in. Yeah, despite everybody I know calling me a hipster who only loves obscure shit I'd actually love for most of the bands I adore to get popular. That way they make more music, plus I get to say I liked them BEFORE they were cool.

Perils is one of the finest albums ever made. Period. No cute similies, that is just how it is. I suggest you download this now.






 Still undecided about center alignment. GG WP. 

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment